Well here we are and by now you should have heard the news that Catster is staying with us. That said we do not know what this new Catster is going to look like. It may be the same it may not. Thankfully many who were rushing to save their pages now have more time, possibly. I say possibly as they have not come out with a definitive statement of intent I suggest you keep right on saving everything you do not want to loose. There are also a lot of cats and furmalies that have signed up at Cathugger, Pets4Pals, ShowMeCats, Furry Friendsm, and others so why join here. The answer is that there are still issues.
- We have no control over Catster. It may not be wh
- at we remember and love.
- We have no control over these other sites. They could close or do whatever.
- We are scattered. Some here, some there, all over everywhere.
- I have not really enjoyed these other sites, have you?
Now I do not promise that this will replace Catster, but, it can be a meeting place. Buddy just had a birthday. It was a great success. We were a bit sad that more Catster pals did not come but it may have been that they simply did not know which is my fault as I should have sent an email. Check it out as you will see it is just like we have in our diaries. Buddy’s B-Day. Not bad is if I say so myself. Now what can you gain by becoming an Author at the Blues Lounge:
- A home: Your posts are yours! Just like having a profile on Catster.
- A community: A place to come and be with our friends in a safe and caring place
- A Information Hub: We need the News of who needs purrs who has an important day and more!
- A home we can remodel: Do we paint or put up siding, windows of vinyl or aluminum, we decide.
Of course you can just stop by to visit and look at the various pages and posts. If you do please comment. It is the LIFE of a blog to have comments. It also will help to show what is enjoyed as is, needs adjustment, or should never appear again. It is like driving on a Sunday friends. The discussion helps to decide on where to go and do next in a fun way. So if I have purrsuaded you below is the info to Comment and Author. Lets build the Blues Lounge into a fun place fur all of us one brick at a time.
To Comment on a post or page
- Do Nothing except Comment
- On the bottom of posts click the link that says “Comment” or “10 Comments” if there are some already
- You will need to post your email. NO ONE SEES THIS except **Administrators.
- You will need to put in your name.
You will see you comment and it will have a funny icon next to it which is a Gravatar. That is a Globally Recognized Avatar. If you want click “Comment” below and see that this ID does not have a Gravatar while Timmy Does.
**Having to put in a eMail is important to prevent SPAM and the like. You can block a user or fake user. Also you can moderate in private if someone is commenting inappropriately. Now to the fun part
Setting up a Author Account on the Blues Lounge.
Having an Author Account allows you to do posts like Buddy’s Birthday or whatever you wish. It is just a word processor so if you have done diary entries on Catster you can do a post. Easy. Now here is how:
- Put a comment below that you would like to be an Author on the Blues Lounge
- Make sure to use a name that Buddy or one of our family knows.
- I will send you an Invitation that says ” Buddy Budd invited you to become an author on Blues Lounge”
- Set up a WordPress *Account. (Write down your username and password)
- Check your eMail. There will be a “Howdy username” with a button to ***Activate your WordPress Account
- Check your eMail as you will get a confirmation from WordPress
- Go back to your eMail Invitation from Buddy and click “Accept Invitation”
- Check your eMail for the confirmation “You have been added to Blues Lounge”
- Go to the Blues Lounge, that confirmation has the blog link right there!
***FYI: When I set up this ID I had to reset the password. Don’t know why as I wrote it down but I did. The program is a bit testy about using strong passwords so that may have been the issue. If you have a problem check the steps and password.
DONE: If you go right to the Lounge you may be logged in. You will know as across the top of your browser will be a bar with the WordPress logo on the left. Next to the logo is a little world with Blues Lounge. Hover over this and Dashboard will take you to where you can manage things for YOUR POST ONLY! Sorry! Since you are not an Admin you cannot do anything with the page or other Cats Posts.
I really do hope we have a good turn out. Remember this is to keep in touch with our dear furends. There was the Last Valentines Dance Party in the Catstertown group last night. We were all tails in the air happy as we had the news. It was SO MUCH FUN! But, what if? What if? What if? That Pawty could have been here just as easily!
I found Catster at a very difficult time in my life. Awful in fact. The friendships and fun got me through this difficult time. I still have very tough times but, I have you all! How amazing that is I cannot even say!
Hope to see you visiting and maybe posting!